Entries and other information (e.g. roles and permissions) are saved in Vaults in the data source. If you aren't sure what type of data source to use, see choosing a data source.
Remote Desktop Manager comes with a local data source installed. We suggest that you delete the local data source after you add your own.
1. Click File – Data Sources.
2. Click Add a new data source.
Add a new Data Source
3. Choose the type of data source you want to use.
1. Enter a data source Name.
2. Enter a Host.
3. Select the Login mode to choose the type of credentials people use to connect to the data source. If you are not using Integrated Security with Active Directory, we recommend Custom Login. A custom login creates a seperate login for Remote Desktop Manager, preventing users from connecting directly to the database.
4. To enter the credentials for a database administrator account, click Settings. We recommend that you do not use an SA account.
5. Enter your Username and Password.
6. Create a database or use an existing database (see below for instructions).
Data Source Configuration
a. Enter a name for the database.
b. Click Upgrade and then Create Database.
a. Click more options to browse for the database. Select the database.
b. Click Upgrade and then Update Database.
Database - Upgrade
We suggest that you delete the local data source after you add your own.
Other users could add information to the local data source if it is available.
Configure data source options, see Data Source Settings (System Settings).
Block user access to data source configuration with group policies.
Give users a private space to keep entries they do not want to save in the shared Vaults, see My Vault (Private).